Last Updated onHome » Blog » Preparedness »
Best-selling Emergency Food Supply Kits
With the Coronavirus outbreak in the news, people’s thoughts naturally turn to the big what-if questions. When if panic buying empties the shelves of the grocery stores? What if something like the Coronavirus disrupted the food supply chain and food stocks ran low?
Now, as a responsible website, we are not suggesting that the Coronavirus outbreak will become a national emergency. So, there is no need to panic and empty the shelves of your grocery store any more than there is a need to start wearing a face mask every day. Not yet, anyway. In fact, we would urge you not to panic-buy food, so that those less mobile or less able to afford food do not face unnecessary food shortages.
Even so, preparedness is all about being prepared for any eventually. It’s not only a pandemic that can cause food shortages. Natural disasters, such as hurricanes or earthquakes, could also mean that food becomes scarce. That’s why lots of people invest in an emergency food supply kit as a part of their preparedness preparations.
In this post, we have listed ten of the best-selling emergency food supply kits. These emergency food kits vary in size, so you will need to consider how many people you would need to feed in an emergency, and for how long. For more information on how to select the best emergency food supply for your family, read or emergency survival food kits buying guide, which you will find further down this page.
Main Image: Wise Company Emergency Food Supply – 60 Servings.
Best Selling Emergency Food Supply Kits
- 16 DELICIOUS SERVINGS: Includes family-favorite recipes like Creamy Rice & Vegetable Dinner, America’s Finest Mac & Cheese and Grammy’s Sweet Oatmeal. That’s meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner! 3,760 total calories (avg 1,253 calories and 5 servings per day). Enough energy and nutrients to help 1 person survive a 72-hour emergency.
- DESIGNED TO LAST 25 YEARS: Delicious for the long haul. So you’ll be ready for when a challenge comes… be that tomorrow or up to 25 years from now.
- “DISASTER-RESISTANT PACKAGING”: Triple-layer Mylar pouches help protect your food. This premium packaging works as a barrier to help protect against things that can harm your food: air, light and moisture.
- TASTE GREAT, NUTRITIOUS & EASY TO PREPARE: Simply add boiling water, simmer and serve. It takes about 15 minutes from start to finish.
- FRUIT BUCKET - 120 servings of freeze-dried fruits, an excellent addition to your family emergency kit and food supply
- MULTI-USE READY TO EAT FOOD - Camp and survival foods can be stored at home or in your vehicle for emergency situations or, individually wrapped pouches can be taken along on hiking, backpacking, and camping trips
- 20 YEAR SHELF LIFE - With 20 year shelf life, our emergency foods are designed to withstand the test of time, reducing waste and worry when maintaining disaster preparedness kits
- JUST ADD WATER - Easy to prepare in any situation, just add water, wait 12-15 minutes and enjoy delicious, hearty food - no cooking necessary
- 72-HOUR SUSTAINABILITY FOR TWO PEOPLE - With this 2-person emergency bag/kit, you'll have all the basic, essential supplies needed for 72 hours of survival for two people, including two Sustain water filtration straws, reusable blankets, food and more
- SUPERIOR QUALITY SUPPLIES - All of the items provided in your basic emergency bug-out bag (BOB) are premium. All items included: 1 small premium backpack, 1 Aqua Literz water (33.8oz refillable carton), 2 Sustain water filtration straws, 1 pack of 8 bath wipes, 50 ft. Paracord bundle, 4 Cyalume SnapLights, 2 Mainstay 2400 calorie bar food rations, 1 LED Lantern, 1 MoraKniv Companion knife, 1 fully stocked First Aid Kit, 2 whistles and 2 reusable blankets
- ALL YOU NEED IN ONE PLACE - With this emergency preparedness pack, you'll have the peace of mind that you have the basic supplies needed for survival during an emergency. Save yourself hours of searching for individual products and money from purchasing them separately with one bag that's ready to go with premium items
- BASIC FIRST AID - After an emergency, health care providers may not be able to reach you for some time. Be prepared to administer minor first aid to with the first aid kit in this basic emergency survival bag. The 41-piece first aid kit contains: variety of bandages, pain relievers, ointment, gauze tape, sanitary gloves, and a first aid guide
- 100% Grass-Fed Beef Verified by the Non-GMO Project. No Added Hormones and No Antibiotics Ever
- Pastured Raised, Free Range - Never Confined to Feedlot, and Vegetarian Fed
- No Artificial Ingredients. No Sugar. No MSG.
- No Gluten, Nitrates, Soy, MSG, Dairy or Nuts.
- The 'Just in Case' Food Supply, The Survival Tabs SHTF Bugout Food backup for the situations such as natural disasters. This is the best possible food in the smallest possible volume. Created to supply the body with all the daily essential vitamins and minerals needed when facing uncertainty. The compact design allows for easy storage and is perfect for individual emergency kits.
- SHTF Bugout Food Contain 100% of 15 Essential Vitamins & Minerals. Made with the highest quality protein. GLUTEN FREE and NON-GMO.
- This SHTF Bugout Food Combo will sustain a person for 60 day | This calculation is based upon one average person. Consumption requirements may vary from person to person.
- Flavor: Mixed Flavor. | Contains: 4 x 180 tablets. | Servings: 12 Chewable Tablets - 20 Calories per tab.
- MRE Bar is made from whole-food sources
- MRE BAR has 20G of protein
- MRE BAR Meal Replacement Protein Bar
- ADVANCED Expert Emergency Survival Kit; LEVEL TWO; Emergency Kit or Basic Survival Kit Includes 12 Days of Emergency Supplies and Emergency Food for One Person, or 6 Days of Survival Gear for Two People or is a 72 Hour Emergency Kit for a Family of Four; Our Other Emergency Kits Have More Emergency Supplies; LEVEL 2 and LEVEL 3 ADVANCED Offer the Same Amount of Survival Days; Differences Listed on Next Line!
- SURVIVAL PACK or EARTHQUAKE SURVIVAL KIT Has HIGHEST-QUALITY ITEMS of ALL SURVIVAL KITS - Premium Items Included: Water, Food, Tent, Ponchos, Rope, Light, First Aid Kit, Survival Compass, Fire Starter and Thermal Blankets; a Full Survival Backpack to Weather Any Storm; BEST in SURVIVAL BACKPACKS; Emergency Supplies in LEVEL 3 NOT in Level 2; Level 3, THIS KIT, Has 2 Emergency Tents, as Opposed to Just One; LEVEL 3 has 4 BICYCLE SACKS For SLEEPING Thus Does NOT Include the 2 Person Sleeping Bag
- PREMIUM EMERGENCY GO BAG, ADVANCED LEVEL III Has a WIRE Saw Not In Other Levels, has 4 LIGHTSTICKS as Opposed to Just 1 in Other 2 Levels and has 2 PAIRS of Gloves Instead of One!
- Level III Kit Has Our Travel First Aid Kit and our DELUXE First Aid Kit, Level I Just Has Travel Kit; Level III has an AXE, SURVIVAL KNIFE and LANTERN/RADIO/FLASHLIGHT/PHONE CHARGER That I and II Do NOT Have
- GLUTEN-FREE AND SOY-FREE: Safe, sustainably-sourced ingredients provide the benefits of a gluten- and soy-free diet
- See Nutrition Information on package for total fat and saturated fat content.): Energy from PLANT-BASED protein and fiber from CHIA and FLAX SEEDS keep you moving whether at work or adventuring" 3. "360 to 390 CALORIES: A clever mix of NATURAL ingredients work to provide healthy energy and a quick, filling meal on-the-go
- ORGANIC INGREDIENTS: Made-With Organic Oats, Organic Nuts, Organic Seeds and contains between 70%-95% organic ingredients. So you can feel good knowing you are feeding your body with safe nutrients
- NON-GMO PROJECT VERIFIED: All PROBAR products are Non-GMO Project Verified
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - Built for 5 People for a 3 day period
- FOOD & WATER: 3600 Cal Food Bars (5), Water Pouches (60), Hydration Bag w/ Straw (5), Water Purification Tablets (50)
- FIRST AID & HYGIENE: 107 Piece Extended Life First Aid Kit, Hygiene Kit (5), Pocket Tissue Pack (5), Waste Bag (5)
- LIGHT, SHELTER & WARMTH: Hand Crank Flashlight / Radio / Phone Charger, Waterproof Matches, Emergency Poncho (5), Mylar Sleeping Bag (5), 2 Person Tube Tent (3), Hand/Body Warmer (5), 30+ hour Candle, 12 Hour Bright Stick
Last update on 2020-04-07 Source: Amazon Product Advertising API
Emergency Survival Food Buyer’s Guide
To help you choose the best emergency food supply for your needs, here are the main things that you will need to consider when buying a survival food supply kit.
Number of Meals
The first thing to consider when buying an emergency food supply is how many people you will need to feed and for how long. The Department of Homeland Security recommends that a basic disaster preparedness kit should contain three days’ worth of food for each person. In the event of a large-scale disaster, though, you may need more.
Most emergency food rations contain freeze-dried food that will last for years. A long shelf-life will be more cost-effective because you won’t have to keep on replacing the food. The best emergency food supply kits last have a shelf life of up to 20-25 years.
Ease of Preparation
In the event of a major disaster, you may not have the means or the time to prepare and cook food. So, survival food should be simple to make. The best emergency food supplies come in easy-to-open packets, and all you need to do to prepare the meals is to add water.
Emergency food is never going to be a feast, but each meal must contain enough nutrition and calories to keep you alert and your feet. The calories needed to survive will vary from person to person. The average person needs to consume a minimum of 1,200 calories per day simply to survive, but more calories would be required if that person is very active during the day. To stay active and to retain body weight, men will need 2,000 to 3,000 caries per day, and women will need 1,600 to 2,400 calories per day.
Variety and Quality
Even in a survival situation, you will want some variety in your meals. So, look for emergency food supply kits that contain a good selection of different meals. Check out the flavors of the meals as well, and check reviews to find out what people thought about the quality and the taste of the emergency food. You might be able to live off bland or bad-tasting food, but it won’t do a lot for your morale if you do.
Your emergency food supply kit should be only one element of your preparedness preparations. You will also need to consider securing a drinking water supply and having other emergency equipment and supplies on hand as well.
Many thanks for visiting our list of ten of the best-selling emergency food supply kits. We hope that you found this post helpful. If you did like this page, please do share it with your friends on social media.
We will be bringing you more advice on how to prepare for emergencies and disasters soon. So, if you would like to receive updates from us, please subscribe to our mailing list.
Thanks again for visiting Best Panic Alarm. Have a great and safe day!