Best-selling Emergency Food Supply Kits
With the Coronavirus outbreak in the news, people’s thoughts naturally turn to the big what-if questions. When if panic buying empties the shelves of the grocery stores? What if something like the Coronavirus disrupted the food supply chain and food stocks ran low?
Now, as a responsible website, we are not suggesting that the Coronavirus outbreak will become a national emergency. So, there is no need to panic and empty the shelves of your grocery store any more than there is a need to start wearing a face mask every day. Not yet, anyway. In fact, we would urge you not to panic-buy food, so that those less mobile or less able to afford food do not face unnecessary food shortages.
Even so, preparedness is all about being prepared for any eventually. It’s not only a pandemic that can cause food shortages. Natural disasters, such as hurricanes or earthquakes, could also mean that food becomes scarce. That’s why lots of people invest in an emergency food supply kit as a part of their preparedness preparations.
In this post, we have listed ten of the best-selling emergency food supply kits. These emergency food kits vary in size, so you will need to consider how many people you would need to feed in an emergency, and for how long. For more information on how to select the best emergency food supply for your family, read or emergency survival food kits buying guide, which you will find further down this page.
Main Image: Wise Company Emergency Food Supply – 60 Servings.
Best Selling Emergency Food Supply Kits
- QSS-certified food supply
- Averages 1,854 calories per day, 46G Protein Per Day, 307 Servings
- 8.5-gallon watertight pail is easy to transport
- Easy to prepare and ready in minutes
- 11 varieties of entrées and soups (including dessert)
- 92 servings, 21,170 calories, and 557 grams of protein
- 4-gallon watertight pail for easy transportation
- Great for home, cabin, motorhome, and office
- PREP CHECK CERTIFIED: 1,800 Calories Per Day | 50G Protein Per Day | 298 Total Servings
- VARIETY: 10 different meal options including breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, and drinks
- EXTENDED SHELF LIFE: Meals are packed into durable, long-lasting pouches designed to keep food fresh for up to 25 years
- JUST ADD WATER: Simply pour water into the food, stir, cover, and wait 15 minutes
- The 4-Week Emergency Food Supply averages 2,000+ calories per day for one person for 30 days.
- 284 servings of breakfasts, lunches, dinners, desserts, drinks, and snacks
- Easy to prepare meals sealed into two rugged, water-resistant buckets (12" x 12" x 15 1/4") for long-term storage
- Foods grown and packed in the USA
- LONG TERM FOOD KIT - 1440 serving, 14 bucket survival food kit provides a delicious variety of ready-to-eat entrees and breakfast dishes, individually wrapped for convenience and freshness when you need them most
- 25 YEAR SHELF LIFE - With a 25-year shelf life, our emergency foods are designed to withstand the test of time, reducing waste and worry when maintaining disaster preparedness kits
- MULTI-USE READY TO EAT FOOD - Large-quantity survival food kits can be stored at home, in your vehicle or your emergency shelter for long term emergency preparedness when you need it most
- JUST ADD WATER - Easy to prepare in any situation, just add water, wait 12-15 minutes and enjoy delicious, hearty food - no cooking necessary
- 🌽 [COMPLETE SOLUTION] - 2,020 Calories a Day - With a full 2,020 calories per day for one adult for 30 days, the ARK 2020 can be your stand-alone food storage solution. You won't go hungry in any situation with these filling meals that will keep you healthy and ready to go.
- 🌽 [EASY TO MAKE] - Chef's Banquet has created a convenient way to make food storage easy! Each of the meals takes less than 20 minutes to prepare. Just add 1 cup of water for every serving. Let it reconstitute for 15 minutes and enjoy!
- 🌽 [PREPARATION] - Chef's Banquet Fruits and Vegetables are all freeze-dried, while the Chef's Banquet meals are all dehydrated. The freeze-drying and dehydrating process eliminates 99% of the water. *Ideal packaging conditions for long term storage*
- 🌽 [LIGHTWEIGHT] - With the removal of water through freeze-drying and dehydrating, it dramatically lightens the finished product making the ARK easy to store and carry in any situation.
- 106 nutritionally balanced servings
- 15 Food Pouches
- 19, 810 Total Calories
- 13 varieties of entrées and soups, plus chocolate pudding and milk
- Total Quantity: 10 pails (158 food pouches)
- Total Servings: 1,116 servings (excludes cheese powder)
- Total Calories: 204,640
- Calories per Day: Ave. 1,700
- YOU ASKED AND WE LISTENED. Introducing our new line of thicker, resealable, and stand up bags! Our packages are now 25% thicker than our previous pouches making them even more durable and great for throwing in your go-bag.
- FLAVORFUL & HEALTHFUL? YES PLEASE!: All our ingredients are natural, vegan, non-GMO, kosher, and sourced from local, Oregonian suppliers! Our oats are certified gluten-free, making our emergency food supply a perfect choice with those suffering from gluten allergies, or adhering to a gluten-free diet. Most of the food used in our recipes is grown in the Pacific Northwest and is hand-picked by Oregonians, to ensure every last pea, bean and oat flake live up to our high quality standards!
- MAXIMUM FRESHNESS: Each 30 Day emergency food supply is packed once your order is placed, to ensure you get a fresh, long-lasting batch! All food is hand-packed by locals in a processing plant licensed by the Oregon Department of Agriculture, under stringently controlled conditions. Our food is contained within Mylar Bags with O² Absorbers, preventing oxidation and qualitative degradation, while in storage. When rehydrated, each serving makes a FULL pint of food, simply by adding hot water!
- TREMENDOUS VARIETY: Emergency food shouldn’t be bland! Our 30 Day Emergency Food Supply contains six, 15-serving sized meals including: Strawberry Banana Oatmeal, Tropical Trio Oatmeal, Seasoned Green Pea Soup, Black Bean Soup, Pinto Bean Stew, and Black Bean Chipotle Stew. Armed with these amazing food selections, you’ll long for every last scoop!
Last update on 2021-09-20 Source: Amazon Product Advertising API
Emergency Survival Food Buyer’s Guide
To help you choose the best emergency food supply for your needs, here are the main things that you will need to consider when buying a survival food supply kit.
Number of Meals
The first thing to consider when buying an emergency food supply is how many people you will need to feed and for how long. The Department of Homeland Security recommends that a basic disaster preparedness kit should contain three days’ worth of food for each person. In the event of a large-scale disaster, though, you may need more.
Most emergency food rations contain freeze-dried food that will last for years. A long shelf-life will be more cost-effective because you won’t have to keep on replacing the food. The best emergency food supply kits last have a shelf life of up to 20-25 years.
Ease of Preparation
In the event of a major disaster, you may not have the means or the time to prepare and cook food. So, survival food should be simple to make. The best emergency food supplies come in easy-to-open packets, and all you need to do to prepare the meals is to add water.
Emergency food is never going to be a feast, but each meal must contain enough nutrition and calories to keep you alert and your feet. The calories needed to survive will vary from person to person. The average person needs to consume a minimum of 1,200 calories per day simply to survive, but more calories would be required if that person is very active during the day. To stay active and to retain body weight, men will need 2,000 to 3,000 caries per day, and women will need 1,600 to 2,400 calories per day.
Variety and Quality
Even in a survival situation, you will want some variety in your meals. So, look for emergency food supply kits that contain a good selection of different meals. Check out the flavors of the meals as well, and check reviews to find out what people thought about the quality and the taste of the emergency food. You might be able to live off bland or bad-tasting food, but it won’t do a lot for your morale if you do.
Your emergency food supply kit should be only one element of your preparedness preparations. You will also need to consider securing a drinking water supply and having other emergency equipment and supplies on hand as well.
Many thanks for visiting our list of ten of the best-selling emergency food supply kits. We hope that you found this post helpful. If you did like this page, please do share it with your friends on social media.
We will be bringing you more advice on how to prepare for emergencies and disasters soon. So, if you would like to receive updates from us, please subscribe to our mailing list.
Thanks again for visiting Best Panic Alarm. Have a great and safe day!