CampGuard Motion-Sensing LED Lantern with Alarm
Have you ever laid in your tent at night wondering what the noises outside are? Is it the wind or a raccoon? Or is it an intruder or a bear?
Then, there are the calls of nature that leave you fumbling around in the dark looking for the flashlight. Or do you risk it and stumble across the campsite in the dark, tripping over unseen obstacles and hitting your head on a low-hanging branch?
Well, we have found a camping safety product that solves those problems for you. And this innovative motion-sensing camping lantern with audible alarm has many other uses, too. Read on to learn more about the CampGuard Motion Sensing LED Lantern with Alarm!
CampGuard Motion-Sensing LED Lantern – Overview
Although it is designed primarily for use as a camping safety product, there are many other potential uses for this device, too.
In essence, the CampGuard is a motion-sensing LED light. It uses the same technology that you might have seen in motion-sensing driveway and patio lights.
But this device has a few added extras that make it an excellent camping light.
Leave the CampGuard lantern outside when you settle down to sleep in your tent, and the light will come on if you get up in the night. And, of course, the lamp will turn on should any intruders, human or otherwise, enter your campsite.
The CampGuard Motion-Sensing LED Lantern also has an audible alarm. The alarm will alert you to any intruders and hopefully scare any unwanted visitors always. You can switch off the alarm if you only want to use the motion-activated light feature.
The lantern has four modes of operation. You can use the device as a standard lantern on a high light setting of 400 lumens or a low setting of 200 lumens. You can set the light only to come on when the device detects motion. Or you can use the light on the audible alarm setting to protect your campsite against intruders.
The motion-sensor provides 360-degree surveillance up to approximately 30 feet. The motion sensor is designed to detect larger moving objects only. Birds, for example, are unlikely to trigger the device, but something the size of a raccoon or larger will.
CampGuard Camping Lantern – Features at a Glance
- 360-degree motion-sensing surveillance
- Motion detector range – 30 feet
- Audible alarm
- 4 x modes of operation
- High setting – 400 lumens
- Low setting 200 lumens
- Detects only larger animals and people
CampGuard Motion-Sensing Camping Lantern with Alarm – Summary:
- Video demonstrations are below in the related video section of the listing. Scroll down. Everything your normal lantern does with several added features that no other lantern has. This is what makes CampGuard the best lantern on the market. With our Ultra Bright CREE LED, we give you the brightest 400 Lumens lasting upwards of 200 hours in high. Please see our Facebook page "Bright Path LED" for the product demo videos at Bright Path LED. Give us a like.
- We have your normal high 400 lumen and 200 lumens plus the motion and motion with alarm settings. Designed to not pick up motion from anything smaller then a 16" (Approx) surface area so squirrels and birds don't set it off. Basically anything larger than a raccoon or larger. Multiple setting so the alarm does not have sound if silence is needed.
- 360 degree motion light setting at 400 lumens to automatically turn on when you get up when nature calls, then automatically turns back off after 15 seconds of no movement.
- 360 degree audible parameter setting. same as above only with a siren and voice warning. Alarm will automatically deactivate after no movement for 15 seconds then goes back into guard mode.
Last update on 2021-06-15 Source: Amazon Product Advertising API
CampGuard Motion-Sensing LED Lantern with Alarm – Our Opinion
The combination of motion-sensing light and alarm is an excellent idea for camping. The CampGuard Motion-Sensing LED Lantern with Alarm could also be used as an intruder alarm in garages and outbuildings.
The CampGuard Motion-Sensing LED Lantern with Alarm is a good quality product. You can possibly buy more robust camping lanterns for a similar price. But this is the only motion-detecting camping light with an alarm that we have found so far.
Customer reviews of the CampGuard lantern are primarily favorable. At the time of writing, the device had an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars. As for the few negative reviews, some people said that audible alarm is not loud enough. And a few people appear to have received a faulty product.
Overall, we think that the CampGuard Motion-Sensing LED Lantern with Alarm is a neat product that would come in very handy on a camping trip. The alarm could be louder, but other than that, the CampGuard will do the job as advertised for a reasonable price.
Many thanks for reading our reviews of the CampGuard Motion-Sensing LED Lantern with Alarm. We hope that you have found this page helpful. If you did like this review, please do share it with your friends on social media. Thanks!
We will be publishing more reviews of safety and security products soon. If you would like to receive updates from us, please subscribe to our mailing list. We never send spam mail, and we will never share your details with any third parties. That’s a promise!
Thanks once again for taking the time to visit Best Panic Alarm. We hope that you will drop by again soon. In the meantime, have a great day, enjoy your camping trips, and stay safe!