Last Updated onHome » Blog » Home Safety and Security » Security Gates »
How to Install Security Gates
Guest Post By: Warefence
Everyone wants to have a residential property they can call their own, and the fact is that it’s not always easy to meet such a goal. Therefore, if you have already realised such a dream, it’s up to you to ensure that everything in your property is safe.
There are quite a number of ways to do so – installing a security gate is one of the best and most effective ways. The good thing about security gates is that they are very effective when it comes to keeping any unwelcome visitors out.
Besides, there is more to security gates than what meets the eye. Such gates are not only important for protection; they can also improve the aesthetic value of your home too.
What Are The Benefits of Security Gates?
As you can expect, there are several advantages associated with security gates for homes. The main ones are mentioned below:
1. Improved Security
As we all know, security is a major priority nowadays, especially in residential areas. A high-quality security gate will keep intruders and any unwanted visitors out of your home with ease by blocking all entrances and exits into the perimeter of a property. Security gates are strong, and are very reliable.
2. Added Privacy
There are different kinds of security gates, most of which offer enhanced privacy, deterring nosey individuals from trying to sneak a look into your property.
3. Cheaper Insurance
Security gates improve your homes security making it possible to get lower premiums or discounts from most insurance companies. Of course, this makes such an investment even more cost-effective, allowing you to earn back what you have spent in no time.
4. Increased Value
Just like any other investment in your home, security gates contribute significantly to property value. Even if you have no plans to sell the property soon, the decision to install a security gate still makes sense from a financial viewpoint.
5. Enhanced Appearance
Regardless of the details on your security metal gates, one thing you can never doubt is the capability of a security gate to improve the appearance of your property. Just be sure to choose a high-quality gate for the best results to compliment your property.
Security Gate Installation Guide
If you wish to take on the task of installing a security gate by yourself, here is what you should do:
1. Start by reading the instructions thoroughly, to get the most out of your installation as well as a full understanding.
2. Dig the holes for the posts, but avoid making them perfectly round, to prevent the posts from turning or twisting.
3. Clear any obstructions such as rocks, uneven ground or anything else that may affect the proper opening of the gate.
4. Double-check the distance between the two poles to ensure that the gate can hang perfectly between them.
5. Go for an adjustable hinge, as it allows for added customisation as well as allowing for better correction of errors.
6. Ensure that your measurements leave enough room for vehicles, including package delivery trucks and emergency vehicles, as the gate is opening.
7. Install gate posts behind fencing pillars if you have a fence that will be connected to the gate. This comes in handy if you ever decide to automate the gate, as it allows for a free and smooth function.
8. Before installing anything, you should ensure that you go through your local laws regarding a couple of things such as gate and fence heights, in addition to how close they can be to the road.
9. The last thing you want to do before getting down to work is gathering all the tools you will need when working to avoid inconveniences.
Installing a security gate for your home is one of the best ways to ensure that your home is the safe haven you want it to be. Besides, installing such gates is quite easy as the majority of companies who sell security gates include clear instructions when you buy a security gate from them.
If you feel that you are not particularly good with DIY projects, it can be a good idea to hire a professional for assistance installing a security gate. Whatever your choice, you can rest assured that choosing to install a security gate for your home is a worthwhile investment.
Thank you for reading our blog post. If you would like to find out more about security gates or would like to get one installed, get in contact with us via phone on +44 (0)1993 845 279, or alternatively, send us an email on email@example.com.
Our thanks to Warefence for providing with these fascinating insights into installing security gates. Warefence are expert commercial fencing contractors based in Carterton, Oxfordshire, England. They supply supply and install security fencing and access control solutions across the UK.