Last Updated onHome » Blog » Personal Safety and Security » Travel Safety and Security » Bike Safety and Security »
Best Selling Bike Locks
Welcome to our list of ten of the best-selling bike locks.
If you have ever experienced that sinking feeling when you found that your bike has been stolen, then you are not alone. More than 2 million bikes get stolen in North America every year. That equates to almost one bike owner finding their bike gone every 30 seconds.
As all bike enthusiasts will know, a good quality bicycle is not cheap. And, you can’t always keep your bike in a secure location. The best way to keep your bike safe when you leave it unattended is to use a good quality bike lock.
Bike locks come in a variety of types. The quality of bike locks can also vary a lot. So, to help you choose the best bike lock for your bike, we have a guide to buying bike security locks at the bottom of this page.
First, though, we have a list of ten of the best-selling bike locks to give you an idea of what types of bicycle locks are available. This list updates automatically as soon as you open this page. So, these are the most popular bike locks right now.
We hope that our list of best-selling bike locks will help you find the best bike lock for your bike. If you do find this page helpful, please do share it with your friends on social media. Thanks!
Main Image: Bike U Lock with Cable.
Top 10 Best Selling Bike Locks 2020
- durable all-weather protection – Via Vela bike U-lock with hexagonal PVC cover resists corrosion from water, dust and dirt to prolong the life of your lock. All-weather performance means Peace of mind and better security
- ️ easy and strong to lock your bike – the bike lock with thickness: 14mm, 250mm x 150mm U shack to lock and go! Locking your bike and your wheels with 10mm x 180cm cable, fast and easy with our Quick, no-hassle system. Great bike safety tool
- Amazing convenience and security – 2 keys for convenience! The bike U-lock comes with 2 keys. One of them you can take and use in daily life and the other you can leave at home In case The trouble when you lose one carelessly
- simply installing bracket on your bike – convenient high-quality mounting bracket means your lock goes With you, our bracket is suitable for bike tube: 20-42mm. Pals refer to our picture to install the bracket value for your money
- KEYLESS SECURE LOCK MECHANISM: This bike chain lock has advanced 5-digit combination lock, allowing up to 100,000 possible codes making it nearly impossible to crack. Keyless convenience
- DURABLE CUT RESISTANCE CABLE: This bike lock cable is made from 0.27 inch extra thick manganese steel for cut resistance and protective zinc-plated coating to prevent from scratching
- EASY TO SET/RESET: Easy to set and reset your own personalized number combination
- LONG FLEXIBLE CABLE: This bike lock is 3.2 feet long, ideal for bicycles, bike, ladders, lawnmowers, gates, fences, tool boxes, bbq, sport equipments and etc..
- Easy to set combination: 4-digit combination locking mechanisms for keyless convenience with a free mounting bracket for easy transportation
- Resettable: Easy to set your own personalized number combination
- Multipurpose: ideal for bicycles, skateboards, gates & fences, grills & lawnmowers, sports equipment, tool boxes & ladders
- Good performance cable: Flexible steel cables for strong cut resistance and PVC coating helps prevent scratching and keeping more durable
- Bike lock is best used for basic security as a theft deterrent
- Preset four-digit combination bicycle lock for keyless convenience; combination cannot be changed
- Bike lock cable is self-coiling and features braided steel for strength and flexibility
- Protective vinyl coating prevents the cable from scratching your bike
- HIGH QUALITY: With 6mm thick security heavy-duty chain links, our bike lock is made of heavy-duty steel known for its cut-resistance. Lubricate the lock hole and keyhole regularly, this will prolong the lock's service time
- PROTECTIVE CLOTH SLEEVE & DUST COVER: Chain is enclosed in protective cloth sleeve, which effectively protects the chain from rusting and scratching. And the dust cover can protect your keyhole from rain and dust.
- EASY TO LOCK: You don’t need the key to lock, just snap it together go when you lock it. Safety Tips: Never leave your bike locked outside for long periods of time. Especially in high crime areas. No bike lock is 100% secure
- SECURE & PORTABLE: Titanker bike lock comes with 2 keys. You can take one of the keys to use in daily life, and you can leave another key at home in case you accidentally lose one.
- HEAVY DUTY PROTECTION - Protect your bike from even the most determined would be thieves with our heavy duty steel 16mm U lock bike key lock. The double loop steel cable tether gives you enough space to quickly attach and lock your bicycle to a variety of bike rails, poles and other urban surfaces.
- SIMPLE TO USE - Just because these locks are incredibly hard to break doesn't mean they aren't easy for you to quickly open and close. We include 3 laser cut keys that fit into the precision machined locking mechanism for a quick release. Key locks are safer and sturdier than combination locks.
- UNIVERSAL BIKE DESIGN - Our U lock fits 99% of bicycle designs including mountain bikes, beach cruisers, fixed gear, BMX, fat tire bikes and more. The steel cable measures 4 feet long to ensure a proper fit on almost any bike model. Our locks make a great gift for new bike owners of all ages.
- BIKE TOOL & BIKE BELL INCLUDED - Each lock includes our biking tool for quick bike repairs and adjustments. We also include a convenient all black bike bell with an elastic attachment for instant installation on any bicycle.
- √HIGH SECURITY：4'(120cm) long x 1/2''(12mm) diameter with vinyl shell. Steel Cable,Made of High Strength Braided Steel Wire,High Tenacity for Strong Cut Resistance.It is even designed with a vinyl coating that is weather proof and will not scratch your bike.
- √Convenient to Use: 5-Digit combination coiling bike lock, easy to set your own personalized combination. Self-coiling for easy storage.
- √MULTIPURPOSE：In addition to using this Lock to secure your bike, motorcycle or scooter, you can also use it to lock up your stroller, gates, tool box, sports equipment,outdoor grill, landscaping equipment and much more.
- √FASHIONABLE：multiple color can be chosen. unisex style, suitable for men women adult.And the bracket allow you to conveniently mount the lock to the frame of your bike for easy access when needed.
- Sturdy and Durable: Heavy duty bicycle U lock is made of hardened max-performance steel shackle resists cutting and leverage attacks.
- More Safe: Mountain bike locks sing zinc alloy lock core and complex serpentine key slot to against various means of theif effectively.
- Increased Protection: Bike U-lock combin with steel loop cable can provide increased protection for securing front wheel or accessories. With 4ft high-quality steel cable allows greater locking flexibility. For bicycle, motocycle, electromobile.
- Design & Performance: Silica gel layer coated protect the d-lock bike lock prevent scratched. Waterproof bike lock with mounting bracket, no extra packing required.
- RESETTABLE & CONVENIENCE: Smart 4-digit resettable coiling lock, easy to set your own personalized combination. With keyless convenience lock, you don’t worry about lost the key and forget to carry it
- MULTI-PURPOSE & COLORFUL: Ideal for bicycles, skateboards, gates & fences, grills & lawnmowers, sports equipment, tool boxes & ladders. There are six colors can be selected for your preference, including black, blue, pink, purple, green and orange
- SECURITY & PORTABLE: Our bike cable lock provide a 4-code password design, you can set up 1,0000 different combination code
- UPGRADED MOUNTING BRACKET: Compared to ordinary mounting bracket, there are 2-pcs inner rubber pad for your choice to adjust your bicycle pole diameter
- Bike lock is best used for bicycles, ladders, lawn mowers, and sports equipment
- Set your own four digit combination bike lock for keyless convenience, set and reset your combination allowing for thousands of personalized combination code options
- Cable lock is made from braided steel for strength and flexibility; protective vinyl coating helps to prevent scratches
- Bike cable lock is self-coiling for easy storage
Last update on 2020-01-28 Source: Amazon Product Advertising API
Types of Bike Locks
When you are looking for the best bike lock for your bike, you will find that there a variety of different types available. What you are looking for is the best deterrent against theft. But, of course, the more heavy-duty a bike lock is, the heavier it will be. Here’s a quick overview of the various types of bike locks.
U-locks are the horseshoe-shaped bike locks. A good U-lock bike lock will resist chisels, hammers, and bolt cutters. Cheap U-locks, though, can be pried open with a crowbar. U-locks are available in a variety of sizes. What you need to look for a U-lock that will secure the bike frame and at least one wheel to a fixed object. Some U-locks are large enough to secure both wheels and the frame.
Bike chain locks are an effective deterrent. But to be able to guard against theft, both the chain and the padlock on the chains must be good quality. The best bike security chains are designed to resist hacksaws and bolt cutters. The downside to chain bike locks is that some of them can be very heavy.
Cable locks are best used in low-crime areas. Cable bike locks will deter the casual thief, but they can be cut through quite easily with wire cutters. The big advantage of cable locks is that they are lightweight. But if you are going to leave your bike unattended in a high crime area, you would be better off buying a chain lock or a U-lock.
How to Choose the Best Bike Lock for Your Bike
From the above, you will have seen that U-locks and chain locks are the most secure types of bike locks. But, if you only ever leave your bike in a low-crime area where there are lots of people about, a cable lock may suffice. If you leave your bike in a high-risk area, the best thing to do is to have more than one locking device for your bike. The harder your bike is to steal, the less likely it will be that a thief will target your bike. Here’s a guide on how to choose the best bike lock for your bike:
Where Will You Be Leaving Your Bike?
The first thing to think about when choosing a bike lock is where you will leave your bike. If you are going to leave your bike in a busy, low-crime area, then a lightweight cable lock may be enough to deter thieves. If you are going to leave your bike in a high-risk area, though, you will need a heavy-duty bike lock.
Look for the toughest bike lock that you can afford. The best bike locks are made of toughened steel. When you are weighing up the pros and cons of a chain bike lock and a u-lock bike lock, consider the following: A hefty chain lock will weigh a lot, so it will be more hassle to carry around with you. For this reason, a chain lock is best used in a location where you can leave the chain behind when you go home. The best U-locks will be as tough as a chain lock, but cheap U-locks can be pried apart with a crowbar.
Types of Lock
Check the sturdiness of the lock as well as the chain or the metal on a U-lock. Combination locks are more convenient than key locks, but they are easier to pick. The lock is often the most vulnerable part of a bike lock. So, look at the thickness of the lock if it is a padlock, and look at how many deadbolts a lock has.
Don’t Forget the Wheels and the Seat
Remember that your bike wheels and seat are also valuable. Ideally, your bike lock will be large enough to lock up both wheels as well as the frame. You can then use a cable lock to secure the seat to the frame. We will be looking at how to secure bike seats and wheels in more detail in another post.
Don’t Buy the Cheapest Bike Lock You Can Find!
How much you spend a bike lock will depend on how much your bike is worth and, of course, how much you can afford. Even so, a bike lock is one security item that you don’t want to go cheap on. One of the best bike locks on the market is the Kryptonite New York Standard Heavy-Duty Bicycle U Lock, which will set you back more than $100. The average price for a reasonable bike U-lock is about $30.
Many thanks for visiting our list of ten of the best-selling bike locks. We hope that you have found this page useful. If you did like this page, please do share it with your friends on social media. If you use your bike to commute to work, you may also like our Safety Tips for Bike Commuters.
We will be publishing more bike safety and security tips soon. If you would like to receive updates from us, please subscribe to our mailing list.
Thanks again for taking the time to visit Best Panic Alarm. We hope to see you again soon. Have a wonderful day and stay safe wherever you travel!