Best Selling Emergency Radios
Welcome to our list of ten of the best-selling emergency radios. In this post, we look at why you need an emergency radio, and we give you some tips on choosing the best emergency radio for your needs. To help you choose the best emergency radio for your needs, we have also listed out ten of the top-selling emergency radios for you.
The best emergency radios have multiple power sources. You will usually find that good-quality emergency radios have batteries, a solar panel, and hand-cranking charging. For more information on buying an emergency radio, please see our emergency radio buying guide at the bottom of this page.
Main image: RunningSnail Emergency Radio.
Why You Need an Emergency Radio
In the event of a natural disaster, such as a hurricane or earthquake, the power may be out, and the phone networks jammed. Even in the case of a pandemic, you may find that so many people are using their mobile devices that you can’t get online to find the information that you need. In situations like these, a hand-cranked emergency radio will keep you in touch with the outside world.
Getting weather updates and government announcements are only two of the reasons why you should have an emergency radio in your preparedness kit. Here are all the reasons why you need an emergency radio.
Receive Emergency Alerts
In the event of a natural disaster, such as a hurricane, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) will issue weather alerts. These weather alerts will include essential advice, such as the need to evacuate. NOAA weather alerts will interrupt standard radio programs. If you have a NOAA weather alert emergency radio, your radio will turn on when warnings get issued for your region.
Keep the Phone Lines Open
When there is an emergency, phone lines will likely get jammed by people looking for information. That can hinder the emergency services, and it prevents people with an immediate need for help getting through. If you use an emergency radio to keep up to date, you will get the information you need faster, and you won’t be jamming up the networks.
Charging Other Devices
Some hand-cranked emergency radios have USB ports for charging other devices. As mentioned above, it is best to avoid using mobile devices in an emergency, but if you must use your phone, you will be able to charge your device with a hand-cranked emergency radio.
Use it as a Flashlight
The best emergency radios include an LED flashlight. If you have a hand-cranked radio with a flashlight, you won’t need to rely on batteries for a light at night.
You can carry an emergency radio with you wherever you go. So, if you need to evacuate your home, you can keep up to date with weather alerts and the news.
Entertainment may not be your top priority in an emergency, even so, you may be glad of something to break the monotony if you are without power for a long time. An emergency radio will also be useful if you have children with you. A radio will keep the kids entertained, and it will take their minds off the situation.
Top 10 Best Selling Emergency Radios
- [2000MAH POWER BANK WILL KEEP DEVICES POWERED] The FosPower FOSPWB-2376 emergency radio incorporates a 2000mAh power bank capable of providing emergency power to any small tablet or phone.
- [3 POWER SOURCES POWER WHEN YOU NEED IT] Use the emergency weather radio's 3 power sources when you need a boost of power or need to recharge the radio. The radio's crank lever and solar panel are both capable of regenerating enough power to keep the radio, lights, and SOS alarm ready to go when you need it most. AAA Batteries ensure you have power when not able to regenerate power.
- [2 LIGHT SOURCES ALWAYS POWERED] The emergency crank radio can also provide light. The 4 LED reading light and 1W flashlight provides enough output to keep you and your loved ones out of the dark in an emergency situation.
- [NOAA EMERGENCY WEATHER BROADCAST ACCESS] The radio will dependably receive up to the second emergency weather forecasts and emergency news broadcasts from NOAA and AM/FM stations.
- ★【2021 Newest Design MD-090P】Based on MD-090 emergency flashlight radio and customer's feedback, we've optimized and upgraded a lot of features. A biggest 4000mAh replaceable li-ion battery can charge more than one smartphone, the most powerful lighting functions include super-bright 3 mode flashlight and motion sensor reading lamp. Also, external antenna, electricity label, comfortable hand crank, tap switch fit all your needs. The MD-090P is the best value for emergency radio in this market.
- ★【The Most Powerful Life Saver Radio】Nature is unpredictable, but you can be prepared and ready in the face of her fury. The emergency crank radio with weather band and phone charge professionally get weather broadcasts the latest weather and all hazard information for your areas like hurricanes, tornadoes and so on from 7 NOAA stations at a crystal-clear sound. Earns a critical time for you to get full preparation advance, keeping you and your family safe with this emergency weather radio.
- ★【4 CHARGING MODES】Compared with 2000mah or 1000mah emergency radio on the market, the solar radio has upgraded to 4000mAh replaceable 18650 Li-ion battery, found in every household and easy to buy in the local market or amazon store. Also, Micro USB charge, Solar charge, Hand-crank could also supply the flashlight radio last for days after the storm had passed until the power back on. No matter what emergency situation you find yourself in, this hand crank light never run out of electricity!
- ★【Super-Bright 3 Mode Flashlight And Motion Sensor Reading Lamp】 If you are an outdoor enthusiast or need to walk in places without lights, the flashlight radio with 3 modes flashlight is a great alternative, which farthest lighting range exceeds10m, farther than the most other solar emergency radio. Also, a reading lamp with a Motion sensor will greatly help you get up in the mid-night to avoid waking your family. Add to cart, you will never regret that you purchase this crank flashlight radio!
- 【2021 Upgrade and Powerful Emergency Radio】 This portable emergency radio is more powerful than the best-selling radios on the market.The main upgrade points are most largest LCD screen to show the percentage of battery surplus, bright flashlight ,4 led reading lamps, bottle opener and SOS alarm . This is the most multi-function 6 in 1, practical and cost-effective emergency weather radio in history.You deserve it
- 【NOAA Weather Alert Radio】 With upgraded DSP Chip,6-inch telescoping antenna a high-performance built in speaker, this weather radio captures a superior signal reception , automatically scan through 7 available weather band channels and locks onto the strongest weather channel to alert you the hazard weathers in your area like hurricanes, tornadoes and sever storms , earns a critical time for you to get full preparation advance. A Best Life Saver radio !
- 【4 Ways to Power the Weather Radio and 2000mAh Power Bank】 This crank weather radio supports charge by solar, hand crank,Micro USB cable or 3 * AAA batteries (not included), will provide continuous power to the radio and no worry about power off.It also can use as 2000mAh emergency power bank to charge your phone and other electronic products.No matter what emergency situation, the HAND-CRANK will always supply power.
- 【SOS Alarm and Reading Lamp】 This flashlight radio with SOS alarm and 3W large powerful speaker is great for outdoor enthusiast , it can emit a clear loud emergency call and accompany with SOS signal light which can make you get faster help when you get lost outdoor. You can read stories for children even at camping night by normal light,as well as a must-have for travelling, camping, backpacking and car.
- New Design: 1000 mAh power bank for charging your iPhone & cellphone via Micro-USB cable directly, no need of adapter anymore;
- A Must For Emergency: Keep this AM/FM & NOAA weather radio with your family, get up to date with the latest weather and all hazard information for your area;
- More Than A Radio: Compact sized flashlight radio with 1W longer lasting powerful LED can be with you in camping, backpacking, hiking or any other outdoor activities;
- 3 Rechargeable Ways: Micro USB charging, Solar charging, Manual hand crank to wind up the internal battery;
- MULTIPLE POWER SOURCES - The ER310 features 3 sustainable power sources to recharge your radio: Solar Panel, Hand Crank, & Rechargeable 2600 mAh Battery. SOLAR PANEL - Simply recharge the internal lithium ion battery with direct sunlight. HAND CRANK - Recharge the radio during a power outage or anytime away from a power source. RECHARGEABLE 2600 mAh BATTERY - The rechargeable & replaceable long life battery provides up to 32 hours of radio operation. The ER310 can also be powered by 6 “AA” Batteries (Not Included) as a backup power solution.
- EMERGENCY FLASHLIGHT - The SOS FLASHLIGHT BEACON flashes Morse code in an emergency scenario and the Bright CREE LED (130 Lumens) can be used to signal for help. Select the Low brightness setting to conserve battery life or the High brightness setting for maximum illumination.
- NOAA WEATHER SCAN + ALERT - NOAA Weather Scan will automatically scan through 7 available weather (WX) band channels and locks onto the strongest weather channel to alert you of severe weather updates. NOAA Weather Alert will sound an alarm indicating that there is a risk of severe weather in your area. AM/FM radio is also available.
- CHARGE EXTERNAL DEVICES - Quickly charge your portable devices (cell phones, tablets, etc.) using the USB charging cable (included).
- A Must For Emergency: Keep your household prepared with this AM/FM & NOAA weather alert radio, broadcast emergency weather alerts for your area such as hurricanes, tornadoes and severe storms.
- Table Lamp & 1W LED Flashlight: It can be used in emergency and survival situations to light up dark spaces and areas or to keep your room nice and bright after a storm cuts off your power.
- Hand Crank Self-charge for Outage: 2000mAh rechargeable battery provides up to 12 hours of light or 4-6 hours of radio time.
- SOS Alarm With Flashing Red Light: Ask for help in case you have an emergency or you want to warn somebody.
- [4000mAh POWER BANK TO KEEP DEVICES POWERED] The FosPower FOSPWB-2402 solar crank radio is equipped with a 4000mAh power bank that is capable of supporting long-time radio operation. If you are in the outdoors or there is a power outage, the power bank will keep your USB devices charged in case of an emergency.
- [3 POWER SOURCES WHENEVER YOU NEED IT] Use the emergency weather radio’s 3 power sources when you need a boost of power or need to recharge the radio. The radio’s crank lever and solar panel are both capable of regenerating enough power to keep the radio, lights, and SOS alarm ready to go when you need them most. The micro-USB cable provides you the most efficient way to recharge your radio.
- [SOS ALARM AND 2 LIGHT SOURCES] In an emergency situation, the SOS function will allow you to call for help by making a loud siren sound and a flashing light, and the flashlight and reading light are capable of lighting your way to a safe place. Turning the sensor switch to the AUTO position allows the motion sensor to automatically turn on/off the reading light to save energy.
- [NOAA EMERGENCY WEATHER BROADCAST ACCESS] The radio will dependably receive NOAA channels for local weather information and emergency hazard alerts. The AM/FM function provides full access to all AM and FM radio broadcasts.
- 【5000mAh POWER BANK】AOMAIS POWER 1 has upgraded battery to 5000mAh which is two or even five times that of other weather emergency radio. Better solve the problem of emergency crank radio battery life and battery endurance. Which means this solar emergency radio life is more than twice that of other similar products. This outdoor portable radio which with large capacity battery can make it easier provide emergency power to any small tablet or phone when you are outside.
- 【A Must For Emergency】Take this AM/FM/NOAA/ALERT portable emergency weather radio with you anytime. When NOAA Weather Alert button is on. Emergency radio can automatically provide you the warning signal and emit an alarm sound if the NOAA weather station publishes a warning signal. A particular device designed to receive emergency warnings for various weather events as thunderstorm, flood, snowstorm, hurricanes, tsunamis.
- 【3 RECHARGEABLE WAYS】If the portable emergency radio has run out of power. Don’t worry. Although USB fast charging is the main power way in daily use, hand crank and solar power these two power sources are capable of regenerating enough power to keep the radio when you need in emergency. Power up anytime and anywhere. Keep you online all the time.
- 【Multi-purpose 3 Modes Flashlight】Super-Bright flashlight is made by LED provide dipped beam, far beam and dipped&far beam with 3W flashlight power. Which can provide you 10m visual distance in dark at most and enough output to help you out of the dark in an emergency situation. Reading lamp comes with 6 LED soft reading light to protect your eyes and effectively extends the use time of emergency portable radio.
- [NEWEST DESIGN]: This hand crank radio a biggest 4000mAh replaceable li-ion battery,the most powerful lighting functions include super-bright 3 mode flashlight and motion sensor reading lamp,and battery indicator. Brand new color box packaging, best gift.The MD-090P is the best value for emergency radio in this market.
- [WE CARE YOU AND YOU FAMILY]: Portable NOAA stations at a crystal-clear sound weather radio with flashlight for lighting road in dark and SOS alarm ready to go when you need it most.Nature is unpredictable, but you can be prepared and ready in the face of her fury.In the past years, Our emergency radio has helped thousands of USA Civilians to live through the hurricane, tornadoes and snowstorm season.
- [4000 mAh LARGE CAPACITY]: Compared with 1000mAh or 2000mAh emergency radio on the market, the solar radio has upgraded to 4000mAh replaceable 18650 Li-ion battery,found in every household and easy to buy in the local market or amazon store. Hand crank, solar charging, Micro USB phone cable 3 ways to charge. Can be charged on sunny day, even if in dark without electricity, charge it by hand crank. Full power, safety forever.
- [SUPER-BRIGHT 3 MODE FLASHLIGHT AND MOTION SENSOR READING LAMP]: If you are an outdoor sports enthusiast or need to walk in a place without lights,Waterproof IPX3 Radio with a three-mode flashlight is a good choice. Its farthest lighting distance is more than 10m, which is more than other most emergency solar radios. In addition, reading lights with motion sensors will greatly help you get up at midnight and avoid waking up your family.
- 5-WAY POWER SOURCES - The weather radios with multiple power backup options are the best choice.5 power sources including a hand crank, solar panel, built-in Li-ion rechargeable battery（Before use, PLEASE REMEMBER to REMOVE the Plastic Tab in the Battery Compartment）, 3 pieces of AAA batteries (not included) and AC power to make it easier to keep the radio running during a prolonged situation where AC power is off and batteries have been used up.
- MULTI-USE & DURABLE- The upgraded crank radios with a 5000mAh li-ion battery is enough to charge your cell phone or USB devices for a brief call or a text message during an emergency. And plus a 3.5mm headphone jack, allows you to enjoy radio shows without disturbing others. This weather radio with 3W integrated flashlights and 2.5W reading lamp are handy during emergency power cuts to see any signal in the dark. can be a lifesaver during dangerous disasters like tornadoes and hurricanes.
- NOAA ALERT RADIO - This NOAA weather alert radio are specially designed for emergency need. But it requires being powered on and manually tuned into a local weather station to receive alerts. It has standard analog tuning of AM/FM/SW/7 preset NOAA weather channels. It is a particular device designed to receive emergency warnings for various life-threatening weather events such as cyclones, hurricanes, tsunamis, and other weather disasters.
- PORTABLE RADIO & COMPASS - This pocket-sized portable emergency radio is surprisingly small and light. Its dimension is 7.5*3.5*4.7inch and weight 1.2LB, and it comes with SOS alarm function and a necessary compass.For hiking or trekking purpose this type of radio is a smart choice. Carrying around a large unit is quite difficult when you have to move around during emergencies.
Last update on 2021-03-05 Source: Amazon Product Advertising API
Emergency Radio Buying Guide
Emergency radios are available with a variety of features. Here’s a quick guide to help you find the best emergency radio for your needs.
NOAA Alerts, AM, and FM
Most of the best emergency radios will receive AM, FM signals, and NOAA alerts. Having a variety of bands will enable you to access more information in a crisis.
Specific Area Message Encoding (SAME) technology will alert you to warnings in your area, even if the radio is not on. SAME technology will also allow you to restrict emergency notifications to only those that are relevant to your location.
A radio is only of any use in an emergency if it has power. So, look for an emergency radio that can use several power sources. The most reliable power source for an emergency radio is hand-cranking. But having batteries and a solar panel will also be useful.
USB Charging Port
Most rechargeable devices are rechargeable via a USB port. So, having a USB charging port on your emergency radio will also be useful in an emergency if the power is out for a long time.
You will find that some emergency radios have other features as well. Some have compasses, some have clocks, and some even have things like bottle openers. The most useful extra feature, though, will be a flashlight.
Durable and Waterproof
In an emergency, you may not be able to shelter indoors. So, you should look for a radio that is waterproof or water-resistant. You will also need a device that won’t break if you drop it or something falls on it, so look for a durable emergency radio that is shock resistant.
Many thanks for visiting our top ten best-selling emergency radios listing. We hope that this page helps you to find the best emergency radio for your needs. We will be publishing more preparedness tips and advice soon. If you would like to keep up to date with what’s on Best Panic Alarm, please subscribe to our mailing list.
If you did like this page, please do share it with your friends on social media so that more people can discover the benefits of hand-cranked emergency radios. Thanks for Visiting Best Panic Alarm. Have a great day, and stay safe!