Best Selling Emergency Radios
Welcome to our list of ten of the best-selling emergency radios. In this post, we look at why you need an emergency radio, and we give you some tips on choosing the best emergency radio for your needs. To help you choose the best emergency radio for your needs, we have also listed out ten of the top-selling emergency radios for you.
The best emergency radios have multiple power sources. You will usually find that good-quality emergency radios have batteries, a solar panel, and hand-cranking charging. For more information on buying an emergency radio, please see our emergency radio buying guide at the bottom of this page.
Main image: RunningSnail Emergency Radio.
Why You Need an Emergency Radio
In the event of a natural disaster, such as a hurricane or earthquake, the power may be out, and the phone networks jammed. Even in the case of a pandemic, you may find that so many people are using their mobile devices that you can’t get online to find the information that you need. In situations like these, a hand-cranked emergency radio will keep you in touch with the outside world.
Getting weather updates and government announcements are only two of the reasons why you should have an emergency radio in your preparedness kit. Here are all the reasons why you need an emergency radio.
Receive Emergency Alerts
In the event of a natural disaster, such as a hurricane, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) will issue weather alerts. These weather alerts will include essential advice, such as the need to evacuate. NOAA weather alerts will interrupt standard radio programs. If you have a NOAA weather alert emergency radio, your radio will turn on when warnings get issued for your region.
Keep the Phone Lines Open
When there is an emergency, phone lines will likely get jammed by people looking for information. That can hinder the emergency services, and it prevents people with an immediate need for help getting through. If you use an emergency radio to keep up to date, you will get the information you need faster, and you won’t be jamming up the networks.
Charging Other Devices
Some hand-cranked emergency radios have USB ports for charging other devices. As mentioned above, it is best to avoid using mobile devices in an emergency, but if you must use your phone, you will be able to charge your device with a hand-cranked emergency radio.
Use it as a Flashlight
The best emergency radios include an LED flashlight. If you have a hand-cranked radio with a flashlight, you won’t need to rely on batteries for a light at night.
You can carry an emergency radio with you wherever you go. So, if you need to evacuate your home, you can keep up to date with weather alerts and the news.
Entertainment may not be your top priority in an emergency, even so, you may be glad of something to break the monotony if you are without power for a long time. An emergency radio will also be useful if you have children with you. A radio will keep the kids entertained, and it will take their minds off the situation.
Top 10 Best Selling Emergency Radios
- 5-WAY POWER SOURCES - The weather radios with multiple power backup options are the best choice.5 power sources including a hand crank, solar panel, built-in Li-ion rechargeable battery（Before use, PLEASE REMEMBER to REMOVE the Plastic Tab in the Battery Compartment）, 3 pieces of AAA batteries (not included) and AC power to make it easier to keep the radio running during a prolonged situation where AC power is off and batteries have been used up.
- MULTI-USE & DURABLE- The upgraded crank radios with a 5000mAh li-ion battery is enough to charge your cell phone or USB devices for a brief call or a text message during an emergency. And plus a 3.5mm headphone jack, allows you to enjoy radio shows without disturbing others. This weather radio with 3W integrated flashlights and 2.5W reading lamp are handy during emergency power cuts to see any signal in the dark. can be a lifesaver during dangerous disasters like tornadoes and hurricanes.
- NOAA ALERT RADIO - This NOAA weather alert radio are specially designed for emergency need. But it requires being powered on and manually tuned into a local weather station to receive alerts. It has standard analog tuning of AM/FM/SW/7 preset NOAA weather channels. It is a particular device designed to receive emergency warnings for various life-threatening weather events such as cyclones, hurricanes, tsunamis, and other weather disasters.
- PORTABLE RADIO & COMPASS - This pocket-sized portable emergency radio is surprisingly small and light. Its dimension is 7.5*3.5*4.7inch and weight 1.2LB, and it comes with SOS alarm function and a necessary compass.For hiking or trekking purpose this type of radio is a smart choice. Carrying around a large unit is quite difficult when you have to move around during emergencies.
- [2000MAH POWER BANK WILL KEEP DEVICES POWERED] FosPower's emergency radio incorporates a 2000mAh power bank capable of providing emergency power to any small tablet or phone.
- [3 POWER SOURCES POWER WHEN YOU NEED IT] Use the emergency weather radio's 3 power sources when you need a boost of power or need to recharge the radio. The radio's crank lever and solar panel are both capable of regenerating enough power to keep the radio, lights, and SOS alarm ready to go when you need it most. AAA Batteries ensure you have power when not able to regenerate power.
- [2 LIGHT SOURCES ALWAYS POWERED] The emergency crank radio can also provide light. The 4 LED reading light and 1W flashlight provides enough output to keep you and your loved ones out of the dark in an emergency situation.
- [NOAA EMERGENCY WEATHER BROADCAST ACCESS] The radio will dependably receive up to the second emergency weather forecasts and emergency news broadcasts from NOAA and AM/FM stations.
- [NEWEST DESIGN]: This hand crank radio a biggest 4000mAh replaceable li-ion battery,the most powerful lighting functions include super-bright 3 mode flashlight and motion sensor reading lamp,and battery indicator. Brand new color box packaging, best gift.The MD-090P is the best value for emergency radio in this market.
- [WE CARE YOU AND YOU FAMILY]: Portable NOAA stations at a crystal-clear sound weather radio with flashlight for lighting road in dark and SOS alarm ready to go when you need it most.Nature is unpredictable, but you can be prepared and ready in the face of her fury.In the past years, Our emergency radio has helped thousands of USA Civilians to live through the hurricane, tornadoes and snowstorm season.
- [4000 mAh LARGE CAPACITY]: Compared with 1000mAh or 2000mAh emergency radio on the market, the solar radio has upgraded to 4000mAh replaceable 18650 Li-ion battery,found in every household and easy to buy in the local market or amazon store. Hand crank, solar charging, Micro USB phone cable 3 ways to charge. Can be charged on sunny day, even if in dark without electricity, charge it by hand crank. Full power, safety forever.
- [SUPER-BRIGHT 3 MODE FLASHLIGHT AND MOTION SENSOR READING LAMP]: If you are an outdoor sports enthusiast or need to walk in a place without lights,Waterproof IPX3 Radio with a three-mode flashlight is a good choice. Its farthest lighting distance is more than 10m, which is more than other most emergency solar radios. In addition, reading lights with motion sensors will greatly help you get up at midnight and avoid waking up your family.
- 6-way powered portable emergency radio with hand crank generator, solar panel, compartment for 3 AA batteries (not included), 5V USB input, 5V AC/DC input with a wall power adapter (sold separately), built-in NiMH replaceable and rechargeable battery pack
- Comprehensive coverage of AM, FM, 2-band shortwave and 7 pre-programmed NOAA weather channels for entertainment, sports, talk-shows, breaking news around the world, and 24/7 real-time weather forecast (USA and Canada ONLY) with PEAS (Public Emergency Alert System)
- Works as an emergency mobile battery charger with built-in standard DC 5V USB output port for charging mobile devices, such as smart phones, GPS units, MP3 players, digital cameras, and etc. Other features include a 5-LED reading lamp, LED flashlight and a red LED S.O.S. beacon light
- Telescopic antenna extends up to 14.5" for high sensitivity reception assisted by advanced semiconductor circuitry design and LED signal strength indicator for pin-point tuning accuracy, and built-in speaker delivers loud and crispy sound
- ★【2021 Newest Design MD-090P】Based on MD-090 emergency flashlight radio and customer's feedback, we've optimized and upgraded a lot of features. A biggest 4000mAh replaceable li-ion battery can charge more than one smartphone, the most powerful lighting functions include super-bright 3 mode flashlight and motion sensor reading lamp. Also, external antenna, electricity label, comfortable hand crank, tap switch fit all your needs. The MD-090P is the best value for emergency radio in this market.
- ★【The Most Powerful Life Saver Radio】Nature is unpredictable, but you can be prepared and ready in the face of her fury. The emergency crank radio with weather band and phone charge professionally get weather broadcasts the latest weather and all hazard information for your areas like hurricanes, tornadoes and so on from 7 NOAA stations at a crystal-clear sound. Earns a critical time for you to get full preparation advance, keeping you and your family safe with this emergency weather radio.
- ★【4 CHARGING MODES】Compared with 2000mah or 1000mah emergency radio on the market, the solar radio has upgraded to 4000mAh replaceable 18650 Li-ion battery, found in every household and easy to buy in the local market or amazon store. Also, Micro USB charge, Solar charge, Hand-crank could also supply the flashlight radio last for days after the storm had passed until the power back on. No matter what emergency situation you find yourself in, this hand crank light never run out of electricity!
- ★【Super-Bright 3 Mode Flashlight And Motion Sensor Reading Lamp】 If you are an outdoor enthusiast or need to walk in places without lights, the flashlight radio with 3 modes flashlight is a great alternative, which farthest lighting range exceeds10m, farther than the most other solar emergency radio. Also, a reading lamp with a Motion sensor will greatly help you get up in the mid-night to avoid waking your family. Add to cart, you will never regret that you purchase this crank flashlight radio!
- 【HOME & OUTDOOR NECESSARY】As reported, we used to experience several times natural disasters per year like hurricanes"Harvey", Wildfire, and so on. RunningSnail emergency weather Radio will keep your family safe through it all. This Weather Radio can timely report emergency weather alerts in your areas to be well prepared; A 2000mAh Built-in Li-ion battery to charge most of the device until power back; A LED flashlight with rugged cover design could light up your darkness.
- 【2000mAh PHONE CHARGER】When we are trapped in an emergency，RunningSnail's emergency radio with a 2000mAh emergency power bank may be our life-saving tool. The emergency portable radio works with most USB powered devices, which could provide enough emergency power for important calls to your family, the emergency services, or for contacting assistance in emergency situations.
- 【3-WAY POWER SOURCES】The solar crank radios with multiple power backup options are the best choice in the emergency package. 3 Power Source including Hand Crank, Solar Panel, Built-in Li-ion Rechargeable Battery, to make it easier to keep the emergency radio running during a prolonged situation where power is off and batteries have been used up. Never Power outage!
- 【PORTABLE RADIO WITH FLASHLIGHT】This pocket-sized portable emergency radio's dimension is 5*1.8*2.4inch and weight 0.5 LB, which is surprisingly small and light. Also, it comes with 1W LED Flashlight, which will cut through the blackness and maximize visibility. Carrying around a large unit is quite difficult when you have to move around during emergencies, this emergency radio is a smart choice.
- 【3 Charging Ways】-- No electricity? No worries. Thanks to its 3 charging methods, the self powered radio is always ready to go! The powerful 1000mAh battery can be charged via a USB cable, the solar panel, or the hand crank.
- 【1000mAh Phone Charger】-- A dead phone can be life threatening. Don't let your phone die when you need it most! Simply plug your phone or other small electronics into the USB port of this hand crank radio for some extra juice.
- 【Durable Emergency Radio】-- Hurricanes, tornadoes, rainstorms, fires, and more-the Esky Weather Radio will keep your family safe through it all. The rugged design is both durable and water-resistant, and can withstand even the harshest of conditions.
- 【3 LED Emergency Flashlight】-- Don't let the dark get you down. The 3W built-in flashlight will cut through the blackness and maximize visibility.
- [4000mAh POWER BANK TO KEEP DEVICES POWERED] The FosPower FOSPWB-2402 solar crank radio is equipped with a 4000mAh power bank that is capable of supporting long-time radio operation. If you are in the outdoors or there is a power outage, the power bank will keep your USB devices charged in case of an emergency.
- [3 POWER SOURCES WHENEVER YOU NEED IT] Use the emergency weather radio’s 3 power sources when you need a boost of power or need to recharge the radio. The radio’s crank lever and solar panel are both capable of regenerating enough power to keep the radio, lights, and SOS alarm ready to go when you need them most. The micro-USB cable provides you the most efficient way to recharge your radio.
- [SOS ALARM AND 2 LIGHT SOURCES] In an emergency situation, the SOS function will allow you to call for help by making a loud siren sound and a flashing light, and the flashlight and reading light are capable of lighting your way to a safe place. Turning the sensor switch to the AUTO position allows the motion sensor to automatically turn on/off the reading light to save energy.
- [NOAA EMERGENCY WEATHER BROADCAST ACCESS] The radio will dependably receive NOAA channels for local weather information and emergency hazard alerts. The AM/FM function provides full access to all AM and FM radio broadcasts.
- MULTIPLE POWER SOURCES - The ER210 features 3 sustainable power sources to recharge your radio: Solar Panel, Hand Crank, & the Rechargeable 2000 mAh Battery. SOLAR PANEL - Recharge the internal lithium ion battery with direct sunlight. HAND CRANK - Recharge the radio during a power outage or anytime away from a power source. RECHARGEABLE 2200 mAh BATTERY - The replaceable long life lithium ion battery provides up to 25 hours of radio operation.
- EMERGENCY FLASHLIGHT - The SOS FLASHLIGHT BEACON flashes Morse code in an emergency scenario and the Bright CREE LED (130 Lumens) can be used to signal for help. Select the Low brightness setting to conserve battery life or the High brightness setting for maximum illumination.
- NOAA WEATHER SCAN + ALERT - NOAA Weather Scan will automatically scan through 10 available weather (WX) band channels and locks onto the strongest weather channel to alert you of severe weather updates. NOAA Weather Alert will sound an alarm indicating that there is a risk of severe weather in your area.
- CHARGE EXTERNAL DEVICES - Quickly charge your portable devices (cell phones, tablets, etc.) using the USB charging cable (included).
- 【A MUST-HAVE FOR THE EMERGENCY】This emergency weather radio not only dependably receive up to the newest emergency weather forecasts from NOAA and AM/FM stations to be well prepared advanced; Also, A 2000mAh large capacity battery can provide emergency power to any small tablet or phone, the brighter LED Flashlight and reading lamp could light up your darkness. The SOS Alarm, external antenna, comfortable hand crank, tap switch fit all your needs in emergency.
- 【2000mAh EMERGENCY POWER BANK KEEP YOU ONLINE】RunningSnail's emergency radio comes with a 2000mAh power bank, which works with most USB-powered devices. Enough emergency power for all-important calls to your family, the emergency services, or for contacting assistance in emergency situations. You will never lose contact with the outside world.
- 【4 WAYS TO POWER KEEP YOU NEVER POWER OFF】The emergency crank radio with a 2000mAh built-in battery doesn't only charge via USB Cable, you also could power the emergency radio by hand crank and solar panel to ensure that you can use the solar crank radio normally. AAA batteries, which are found in every household and easy to get, ensure you have power when not able to regenerate power. Never run out of electricity!
- 【2 LIGHT SOURCES AND SOS ALARM 】The emergency radio also could provide a 4 LED reading lamp and 1W LED flashlight. Whether walking at night or without power at home, we can provide you with the timeliest help, keep you and your loved ones out of the dark in an emergency situation. Also, the SOS function will allow you to make a loud siren sound and a flashing light, draw others' attention as soon as possible to out of emergency.
Last update on 2021-10-16 Source: Amazon Product Advertising API
Emergency Radio Buying Guide
Emergency radios are available with a variety of features. Here’s a quick guide to help you find the best emergency radio for your needs.
NOAA Alerts, AM, and FM
Most of the best emergency radios will receive AM, FM signals, and NOAA alerts. Having a variety of bands will enable you to access more information in a crisis.
Specific Area Message Encoding (SAME) technology will alert you to warnings in your area, even if the radio is not on. SAME technology will also allow you to restrict emergency notifications to only those that are relevant to your location.
A radio is only of any use in an emergency if it has power. So, look for an emergency radio that can use several power sources. The most reliable power source for an emergency radio is hand-cranking. But having batteries and a solar panel will also be useful.
USB Charging Port
Most rechargeable devices are rechargeable via a USB port. So, having a USB charging port on your emergency radio will also be useful in an emergency if the power is out for a long time.
You will find that some emergency radios have other features as well. Some have compasses, some have clocks, and some even have things like bottle openers. The most useful extra feature, though, will be a flashlight.
Durable and Waterproof
In an emergency, you may not be able to shelter indoors. So, you should look for a radio that is waterproof or water-resistant. You will also need a device that won’t break if you drop it or something falls on it, so look for a durable emergency radio that is shock resistant.
Many thanks for visiting our top ten best-selling emergency radios listing. We hope that this page helps you to find the best emergency radio for your needs. We will be publishing more preparedness tips and advice soon. If you would like to keep up to date with what’s on Best Panic Alarm, please subscribe to our mailing list.
If you did like this page, please do share it with your friends on social media so that more people can discover the benefits of hand-cranked emergency radios. Thanks for Visiting Best Panic Alarm. Have a great day, and stay safe!