Last Updated onHome » Blog » Home Safety and Security » Fire Safety » Fire Escape Ladders »
Best Selling Fire Escape Ladders
Welcome to our list of ten of the best-selling fire escape ladders.
If a fire breaks out in your home, you must get you and your family out of the building as fast as possible. If you live in a multi-story home, that could mean that you will have to exit via a window. But, jumping out of a 2nd-floor or 3rd-floor window is very likely to cause injury. So, a fire escape ladder should be an essential part of your home fire safety precautions.
Even though a fire escape ladder could save your life, a surprising number of homes do not have them. But you can’t simply rely on the fire department to rescue you and your family. Experts say that if a serious fire breaks out in the home, the occupants may only have four minutes to escape.
In this, the latest in our series of best-seller lists, we have listed ten of the best-selling fire escape ladders. We have also provided a short fire escape buyer’s guide at the bottom of this page. We hope that you find this post helpful. If you do, please do share it with your friends on social media.
Main image: Kidde 468093 KL-2S Two-Story Fire Escape Ladder.
Top 10 Best Selling Fire Escape Ladders 2020
- Easy to use. Attaches quickly to most common windows
- Flame resistant, durable and sturdy ladder
- Strong and durable ladder tested to 1,000 pounds
- Tangle free design fast and easy to deploy with anti-slip rungs
- Easy to use two-story 14-foot fire escape ladder
- Fully assembled, ready to use
- Strong steel construction, tested to 1,125 lbs
- DuPont Cordura nylon strapping for extra strength and maximum durability.
- DESIGNED FOR AN EMERGENCY, MUST HAVE FOR EVERY HOME. The hooks secure the ladder to the window frame or to the sill of most windows and won’t slip off. The ladder hook is RETRACTABLE, please extend the ladder hook at both ends to the maximum when using.
- No assembly or tools are required, easy to use and fast to deploy, built for emergencies.
- Strong and durable escape ladder, slip-resistant rungs provide a steady foothold, can escape quickly and easily.
- Tested for up to 1000 lbs, it can extends to 25 feet for use in three-story rooms.
- The Award Winning: Safest, Strongest, Smallest, Lightest, Easiest To Use Emergency Ladder
- Multi Use for Safe Practice + use it in a documented emergency X-IT will replace it
- Fox News independently tested emergency ladders and recommended X-IT as the best
- Exceeds ASTM F2175 safety standards including UL
- STURDY ENOUGH TO BEAR AN ELEPHANT! This ULTRA powerful multi-functional rope ladder is made from rope of up to 2000-pound breaking strength and is equipped with full 11KN carabiners, to hold reliably kids & adults of all ages. Its mede from premium quality materials, its reusable and its the best for tree house..
- UNIQUE NOVELTY OF 4 SIZES AVAILABLE: We know that you may need a different size for different needs- this is why we are offering you 4 variations to choose from. Pick among our 8ft, 16ft 25ft & 32ft climbing ladders!
- EASY TO USE & FAST TO DEPLOY: This treehouse climbing multi-functional soft ladder is designed with convenience and accessibility in mind. It deploys in seconds and doesn’t require any tools to set it up or assemble it. It’s 8 feet long and designed specifically for roof, playset, tree house or fire escape to make sure you can count on it in case of an emergency.
- COMPACT & PORTABLE: Thanks to its compact design and lightweight, outdoor climbing ladder can easily be taken on the go or stored under your bed, in closets or hung around windows without taking up too much space. This emergency ladders for homes and apartments is easy to use for both adults and kids while the lightweight allows even children to carry it with ease.
- 1.Portable Fire Ladder: Flexible & sturdy design with wide steps, portable and durable.
- 2.Space-saving: It can be completely folded to save space. Each ladder fits easily under a bed or in a closet near the window.
- 3.Lightweight and Convenient: It fits most common window frames. It will hook to the window frame securely and will not slip off.
- 4.High capacity: The maximum is around 990 lbs. Product has the EU's EN131 security certification.
- 2-story model
- 1200-Pound load capacity, 400-Pound load capacity per rung, can be used by multiple people simultaneously
- Flat rungs, with anti-slip grooves and standoffs, assistance strap for easy exit
- One to two hour installation time
- 【DESIGNED FOR AN EMERGENCY, SUIT FOR EVERY HOME】 The hooks secure the ladder to the window frame or to the sill of most windows and won’t slip off. The ladder hook is RETRACTABLE, please extend the ladder hook at both ends to the maximum when using.
- 【SUITABLE FOR MOST WINDOWS】 Adjustable hooks make you feel safer. Please adjust the length of your window in advance. Every accident can be dealt with only by making preparations in advance.
- 【NO ASSEMBLY OR TOOLS ARE REQUIRED】easy to use and fast to deploy, built for emergencies.
- 【STRONG AND DURABLE ESCAPE LADDER】slip-resistant rungs provide a steady foothold, can escape quickly and easily.
- A SAFETY NECESSITY: No matter how safe and fireproof you think your home is you can never be too safe This is why we designed this 4 and 3 story emergency ladder to provide you with a safe and reliable way to get out through the window in case of a fire to keep yourself and your family safe.
- FITS MOST WINDOWS: This emergency rope ladder is a necessity for any home, building or commercial establishment to create route to survival in case of fires. Thanks to the heavy-duty carabiners and 32 ft length, it can be used on window frames of all sizes making it perfect for apartments, suburban homes, hotels and more.
- EASY TO USE & FAST TO DEPLOY: Our home fire escape ladders don’t require any assembly as well a being lightweight, easy to carry and safer to use than most other fire escape ladders. Simply wear the safety belt and attach the carabiners to the safety cord to safely descend down while minimizing the risk of slipping and falling.
- COMPACT & PORTABLE: Our safety fire escape rope is made using high-quality polyester and resin with a breaking strength of 11.2 KN making this perfect for both children and adults to use. Thanks to its compact design and lightweight, it can easily be taken on the go or stored under your bed, in closets or hung around windows without taking up too much space.
Last update on 2020-01-28 Source: Amazon Product Advertising API
Best Fire Escape Ladder Buyer’s Guide
There are several important things to bear in mind when you are searching for the best fire escape ladder for your home. Here is a rundown of the key considerations when buying a fire ladder:
The first thing to consider when buying a fire escape ladder is the size of the ladder that you will need. Fire escape ladders are usually designed for use on the 2nd or 3rd floors. There are some ladders available that are suitable for use from higher levels of a building. You will also need to consider the size of the window. Make sure that you buy an escape ladder that you will able to hang out of the window of the room.
It is important that a fire escape ladder will bear the weight of more than one person. So, you should be looking for a ladder that will support at least 1,000 pounds. As a general guide, the higher the weight capacity the better. The weight capacity is usually specified for the ladder as a whole. If you have a very heavy person living in your home, you should check the weight capacity of the rungs of the ladder as well.
Some cheap fire escape ladders have round metal rungs, which can be difficult to climb down. So, look for escape ladders that have wide, textured, anti-slip rungs. Remember, people will be panicking when they are escaping a burning home. Your fire ladder should be as easy as possible to climb down.
Another important safety feature to look for is standoffs, which are sometimes called stabilizers. Standoffs hold the ladder away from the side of the building, which makes it easier to get a foothold on the ladder.
Single Use / Multi Use
Some portable fire escape ladders are single use only. If you want to be able to practice using the ladder, you will need to make sure that the ladder that you buy can be used more than once.
Ease of Use
You will not have any time to read complicated instructions if there is a fire in your home. So, look for a fire escape ladder that is very easy to use. You should also familiarize yourself with using the ladder once you have bought it. And, make sure that everyone in your family knows how to use it as well.
Weight and Materials
The best fire escape ladders are usually made of steel and nylon. Some are made with aluminum. If you are installing an escape ladder in a child’s room, a lighter aluminum ladder will be easier for a child to handle.
Where Should You Have Fire Escape Ladders?
Fire ladders should be available in every room above the first floor. The main priority is the bedrooms. Fire escape ladders should be stored in an accessible area near to the window. Make sure that every family member knows where their nearest escape ladder is.
Many thanks or visiting our list of ten of the best-selling fire escape ladders. We hope that it helps you choose the best fire escape ladder for your home. If you have found this page useful, please do share it with your friends on social media.
We will be publishing more home fire safety advice pages soon. If you would like to keep up to date with what’s on Best Panic Alarm, please subscribe to our mailing list.
Many thanks for visiting Best Panic Alarm. We hope to see you again soon. We hope you have a wonderful and very safe day!